Cloze Test Cloze tests-1 by saithoca

saithoca

Doçent
Processes that happened before birth in our ancestors now seem (1) ---- in us after we are born. By being born “early,” our youth is bigger and extended. Furthermore, it continues to stretch out across our lives into the extended childhood that makes us so different from (2) ---- primates preceding us. We see this in fossil records. Almost without exception, the dusty bones scientists have (3) ---- and fitted together reveal that the faces of primates grew step (4) ---- step to increasingly resemble us. Their noses were flattening, their foreheads were growing higher and less sloped, their chins stronger. Features (5) ---- only in foetal forest apes, like big toes and heads that rested upright on shoulders, are now seen in youth and do persist into adulthood.

A) to happen
B) happening
C) having happened
D) to happening
E) by happening

A) another
B) every other
C) the others
D) other
E) some other

A) overstated
B) undernourished
C) overtaken
D) unearthed
E) underestimated

A) for
B) in
C) by
D) to
E) with

A) that once existed
B) where they usually existed
C) which have never existed so far
D) in which they have sometimes existed
E) that they existed for only a short while

StMoses

Öğrenci
1.a (sanki 'seem to be happening' demek geliyor içimden) pek çıkamadım ötekilere nazaran A şıkkı daha mantıklı çünkü cümle 'Procesess seem' şekline kadar düşürüldüğünde gelebilecek şey mantıksal olarak 'to' içeren bir şey olmalı, D olamaz çünkü to ile gerund aynı anda gelmez. Bir tek B kalıyor ama seem'den sonra Ving gelir mi, gerçi now var gelebilir gibi sanki ama now cümlenin fiilini etkilemeli ki o fiil de seem. Yani kısaca sallamasyon çözdüm :D
2.d (sıfat olarak kullanılıyor)
3.d (arkeolojik kazı sonucu çıkan bulguları ifade eden bir fiil)
4.d
5.a

saithoca

Doçent
1.a (sanki 'seem to be happening' demek geliyor içimden) pek çıkamadım ötekilere nazaran A şıkkı daha mantıklı çünkü cümle 'Procesess seem' şekline kadar düşürüldüğünde gelebilecek şey mantıksal olarak 'to' içeren bir şey olmalı, D olamaz çünkü to ile gerund aynı anda gelmez. Bir tek B kalıyor ama seem'den sonra Ving gelir mi, gerçi now var gelebilir gibi sanki ama now cümlenin fiilini etkilemeli ki o fiil de seem. Yani kısaca sallamasyon çözdüm :D
2.d (sıfat olarak kullanılıyor)
3.d (arkeolojik kazı sonucu çıkan bulguları ifade eden bir fiil)
4.d
5.a

Sevgili StMoses,

Öncelikle merhaba, I'm rally happy to be of help to you :) Bn şu cümlenize itiraz etmek istiyorum : "D olamaz çünkü to ile gerund aynı anda gelmez". "to" eğer REDUCTION ise -veya fiilerin devamında Noun Clause olmak için gelirse "ing" çekim ekini almaz ama eğer PREPOSITON ise "-ing" çekim eki ile devam etmek zorundadır.

1- Sally wants [TO EAT lunch] now = Sally şimdi [öğlen yemeğini yeMEK] istiyor. [TO = NOUN CLAUSE]

2-I don't know what I CAN DO now = I don't know what [TO DO] now. [TO = NOUN CLAUSE]

3- In assition TO speakING English, she can also speak French. [TO = PREPOSITION]

4-I 'm looking forward TO hearING from you soon. [TO = PREPOSITION]

Üst