+ Konuyu Cevapla
Bulunan 1 den 1 - Toplam 1
Grammer Forumunda Phrasal Verbs Konusunu İncelemektesinizPhrasal verbs are a group of multi-word verbs made from a verb plus another word ...
- 02-11-2010, 14:17 #1
Phrasal verbs are a group of multi-word verbs made from a verb plus another word or words. Many people refer to all multi-word verbs as phrasal verbs. On these pages we make a distinction between three types of multi-word verbs: prepositional verbs, phrasal verbs and phrasal-prepositional verbs. On this page we look at phrasal verbs proper.
Phrasal verbs are made of:
verb + adverb
Phrasal verbs can be:
* intransitive (no direct object)
* transitive (direct object)
Here are some examples of phrasal verbs:
Separable Phrasal Verbs
When phrasal verbs are transitive (that is, they have a direct object), we can usually separate the two parts. For example, "turn down" is a separable phrasal verb. We can say: "turn down my offer" or "turn my offer down". Look at this table:
However, if the direct object is a pronoun, we have no choice. We must separate the phrasal verb and insert the pronoun between the two parts. Look at this example with the separable phrasal verb "switch on":
Son düzenleyen Fırat, 02-03-2011 saat 00:46.My wound neither bleeds, nor heals..The gone forgets, the one behind always hurts...I can't escape, your smell is everywhere..
Rafet El Roman - Senden Sonra
- KPDS / ÜDS Dil Eğitimi Bölümü forum içinde, yazan FıratCevap: 1Son Mesaj: 13-12-2010, 10:55
- Grammer forum içinde, yazan FıratCevap: 0Son Mesaj: 07-11-2010, 14:32
- Grammer forum içinde, yazan FıratCevap: 0Son Mesaj: 06-11-2010, 21:58
- Grammer forum içinde, yazan FıratCevap: 0Son Mesaj: 02-11-2010, 16:49
- Grammer forum içinde, yazan FıratCevap: 0Son Mesaj: 02-11-2010, 14:34
Bu Konu için Etiketler