+ Konuyu Cevapla
Bulunan 1 den 1 - Toplam 1
Grammer Forumunda Superlative Adjectives Konusunu İncelemektesinizA superlative adjective expresses the extreme or highest degree of a quality. We use a ...
- 09-11-2010, 18:24 #1
A superlative adjective expresses the extreme or highest degree of a quality. We use a superlative adjective to describe the extreme quality of one thing in a group of things.
In the example below, "biggest" is the superlative form of the adjective "big":
Formation of Superlative Adjectives
As with comparative adjectives, there are two ways to form a superlative adjective:
* short adjectives: add "-est"
* long adjectives: use "most"
We also usually add 'the' at the beginning.
The following adjectives have irregular forms:
* good → the best
* bad → the worst
* far → the furthest
Use of Superlative Adjectives
We use a superlative adjective to describe one thing in a group of three or more things. Look at these examples:
* John is 1m75. David is 1m80. Chris is 1m85. Chris is the tallest.
* Canada, China and Russia are big countries. But Russia is the biggest.
* Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world.
If we talk about the three planets Earth, Mars and Jupiter, we can use superlative adjectives as shown in the table below:
# Comparative Adjectives
Son düzenleyen Fırat, 01-03-2011 saat 23:43.My wound neither bleeds, nor heals..The gone forgets, the one behind always hurts...I can't escape, your smell is everywhere..
Rafet El Roman - Senden Sonra
- Grammer forum içinde, yazan FıratCevap: 0Son Mesaj: 09-11-2010, 18:45
- Grammer forum içinde, yazan FıratCevap: 0Son Mesaj: 09-11-2010, 18:14
- Grammer forum içinde, yazan FıratCevap: 0Son Mesaj: 07-11-2010, 14:01
Bu Konu için Etiketler